Viewfinders’ Digital Video Club (formerly Cupertino Viewfinders Camcorder Club) meets each month from 7:30-9:30pm in the Cupertino Room at the Quinlan Community Center, 10185 N. Stelling Road, Cupertino, CA 95014. Guests of club members and visitors from the general public are welcome to attend. Admission is free and refreshments are provided by the Club. Please see the Club Calendar on the Meetings page for upcoming monthly meeting dates and programs.
The Group has made national and internationally acclaimed award winning movies that include "Maybe Today" 2006, "Dearly Departed" 2007, "Two Left Feet" 2008, "The Interrogation" 2009 and "Through the Dark Glass" 2010.
June 12th, 2013
Club Meeting 7:30-9:30pm
Program: Comparing CyberLink & Adobe Premiere Editing Software Club member Milt Kostner will present his views when comparing these two video editing applications. If you're in the market for a new editing application, you don't want to miss this special program to help you decide on what to buy and use for editing all your new movies.
The Cupertino Room at the
Quinlan Community Center
10185 North Stelling Road
Cupertino, CA 95014
Living for the View
Checkout this July 2011 news article about the Viewfinders Club written by staff writer Cathy Fitzpatrick-Platt for the locally distributed Silicon Valley Community Newspapers. The Cupertino Courier published the initial article followed by a slightly different version in the Sunnyvale Sun. A few remaining copies are still available at our Club's monthly meetings.
In the article Cathy tells about how our "love of movie-making brings the Viewfinders together". This article is a must read for amateur videographers around the world who are looking for more in their life of movie-making. A number of Club members mentioned in the articles have taken their skills learned by actively participating in Club activities to branch-out and make signficant contributions to their communities at-large. Find out by reading it here.
Camera Moves Workshop
Date: Sunday, August 12th, 2012
Time: 1:00pm to 5:30pm
Location: Santa Clara Depot (South Bay Historical Railroad Society, 1005 Railroad Avenue, Santa Clara, CA 95050)
Instructor: John Dietrich
Class size limit: no limit, but must sign-up by Friday, August 10th.
COMPLETED - STAY TUNED
FOR NEXT WORKSHOP
Viewfinders Digital Video Club Member Benefits
The dues for 2013 are again just $30 which cover our expenses (prorated quarterly for new members). If you're not already a Club member, you can download our
Membership Form, fill it out and mail it in with your dues check to our Club Treasurer.
The more significant benefits of membership are:
1. Viewfinders Monthly Meetings. Every Club member is encouraged to attend our monthly general meetings where you'll have the opportunity to not only learn something new about your hobby of videography, but also get the chance to make new and stronger relationships with others who have the same interest in movie-making as you.
2. Viewfinders Monthly Newsletter. This colorful publication produced by our Club Newsletter Editor, Brian Lucas, contains useful and pertinent information regarding Club activities and useful articles to help you make better quality movies.
3. Screening Eligibility. By being a Club member you'll be able to have your video(s) screened during our monthly general meetings which will give you the opportunity to see your latest creation up on the Quinlan Center’s BIG screen.
4. Club Movie-making Production Crew. A special interest group of the Club called the Viewfinders Video Productions Group produces an annual Club movie designed to compete in amateur movie festivals around the world. Our award-winning movies include "Maybe Today", “Dearly Departed”, “Two Left Feet” and "Through the Dark Glass" which won an award by the Society of Canadian Cine Amateurs. All of these movies plus “The Interrogation” are available on DVD for purchase at our meetings for $5 each. If you'd like to order one or more of them, contact our Club Treasurer. Note: see our Productions page for trailers of most of them.
5. Club Annual Membership Video Contest. Movie entries for this annual October event is limited to Club members only. Besides this major contest event, there are throughout the year several special video "theme challenge" events for Club members.
6. Viewfinders Communications. To receive a copy of the Club Membership Roster and E-mail notifications of offline special events, activities or offers, you must be a Club member. The Club Roster contains member names, phone numbers, E-mail addresses, and videography equipment that each of us uses. Regarding events, in the past several years we have spent an evening at Lucas Films at the San Francisco Presidio, at Pixar Films in Emeryville, at the Dolby Sound Studios in San Francisco, the NBC Channel 3 news studio in San Jose,
and most recently the San Jose Tech Museum where we witnessed the taping of Scott Budman's TechNow show that aired March 10, 2012.
7. The AMPS [American Motion Picture Society] and SCCA [Society of Canadian Cine Amateurs]. These Viewfinders Club memberships qualify Viewfinders Club members to enter their annual movie contests held in late Summer and Fall.